GOP-DEMS SET TO OFFER TRUMP A QUARTER OF $5.7B FOR BORDER WALL

Republican-Democrat House and Senate committee is planning to offer President Trump a border security package that could include less…

  • 711
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    711
    Shares
  •  
    711
    Shares
  • 711
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
GOP DEMS Wall

Breitbart: A Republican-Democrat House and Senate committee is planning to offer President Trump a border security package that could include less than a quarter of the $5.7 billion for a U.S.-Mexico border wall he originally requested.

Capitol Hill sources tell the media that a conference committee of Republicans and Democrats is preparing to unveil a border security funding plan that gives only about $1.3 to $2 billion to Trump for construction of his proposed wall on the southern border to stop wage-crushing illegal immigration.

The New York Times reports:

On Capitol Hill, House and Senate conferees were nearing an agreement that could offer the president between $1.3 billion and around $2 billion in funding for border security, a range, still subject to change, that could include some physical barriers and result in a deal as early as Monday. Talk of a wall has given way to “bollard fencing” and strategic placements.

This $1.3 to $2 billion would be the total spending for border security, meaning the funding for the proposed border wall would be a figure potentially less than $1.3 billion.

Despite previously committing that he would not accept anything less than $5 billion in funding for a border wall in a border security package, Trump is now telling lawmakers and aides that he is open to accepting just $2 billion for the wall, sources told the New York Times:

Mr. Trump has told allies he would grudgingly accept a figure of around $2 billion, but House Democrats remain publicly opposed to spending that much on physical barriers. It is still not clear how much of the final allocation would go for new fencing, according to three people briefed on the negotiations.

Senator Mike Lee, Republican of Utah, told senators at a party lunch and in private conversations over the past few days that Mr. Trump had told him, “I can live with $2 billion,” according to a Senate aide who witnessed one of the exchanges. 

The conference committee was formed after Trump reopened the federal government following a shutdown without securing any funding for the border wall. Members of the committee include:

Alabama Republican Sen. Richard Shelby, West Virginia Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven, Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, Texas Rep. Kay Granger, Tennesee Rep. Chuck Fleischmann, Georgia Rep. Tom Graves, and Mississippi Rep. Steven Palazzo, Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy, Illinois Sen. Richard Durbin, Montana Sen. Jon Tester, New York Rep. Nita Lowey, California Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, North Carolina Rep. David Price, California Rep. Barbara Lee, Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar, and California Rep. Pete Aguilar.

The committee was formed to work on a funding package for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with a deadline of February 15, a funding route that experts have said the president never had to take.

Defense Department officials have reiterated that Trump does not need approval from Congress and, also, does not have to declare a national emergency to begin construction of the border wall. Instead, the president could have invoked 10 United States Code § 284, which authorizes the U.S. military to build barriers at the southern border, a Pentagon official has testified to Congress.

Continue reading here…

Please SUBSCRIBE in the right sidebar at RickWells.US to receive my posts directly by email, safely beyond the censorship of little comrade Zuckerberg. Thank you

  • 711
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    711
    Shares
  •  
    711
    Shares
  • 711
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

4 Comments on GOP-DEMS SET TO OFFER TRUMP A QUARTER OF $5.7B FOR BORDER WALL

  1. well.
    Trump needs to UP THE ANTI, to me this is like PLAYING POKER.
    what he needs to do if they come back with this BS OFFER? i would RAISE THEM A BILLION OR TWO.
    and every time they come with another stupid offer that ANTI GOES UP AND I WOULDN’T BULGE IF I WERE HIM, because he is dealing with SHARKS WHO DON’T KNOW HOW TO PLAY POKER, and i’d KEEP RAISING THE POT UNTIL THEY FOLDED.
    that’s HOW YOU DEAL WITH ACTORS LIKE THEM.

  2. I sure hope POTUS doesn’t accept a dime less than $2M and that is terrible within itself that the GOP can’t work at least a 50% deal. Our GOP is very, very weak in a time when we need strength to stand up against the far left Socialist!

  3. New York Times, he is PRESIDENT TRUMP, not Mr, Trump. All of you media people are so ignorant. If the President takes less than the $5.7 B he may loose some of his base. We don’t want the caravans to end up in the US so we have to support them. They have many diseases, and even steal from the very poor people in the border towns in Mexico. We should deport ANYBODY WITHOUT PAPERS TO STAY HERE, INCLUDING dACA AND THEIR PARENTS AND RELATIVES. While we’re at it, we can send Obama’s Syrian army back to their country too. Then Crooked Hillary can give the Haitians their money so they can go home too. THEN WE CAN START HELPING OUT OWN CITIZENS!!!

  4. Sally J Becker // February 9, 2019 at 8:00 pm // Reply

    THE DEMS ARE PLAYING WITH THIS PRESIDENT. I DO NOT THINK HE SHOULD TAKE LESS THAN $3 BILLION. IF HE TAKES 2 BILLION HE WILL BE GIVING THEM A WIN. AFTER HOW THEY TREATED WHITAKER YESTERDAY THEY DO NOT DESERVE IT. POTUS PLAYED THE ULTIMATE GOTCHA MOMENT FOR THE SOTU ADDRESS HE CANNOT CAVE HERE.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


%d bloggers like this: