It sounds like Leland Vitter is the one who needs to calm down or at least recognize that there’s a legitimate reason for the urgency in Dan Bongino’s voice rather than condescendingly dismissing him as approaching hysterics. Bongino’s a former NYPD office and Secret Service agent responsible for agent training programs. He’s not just some hack off the street who doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’s concerned that the perimeter was breached as easily as it was and that should not be dismissed out of hand by the young studio script reader.
In the Saturday phone interview following the intrusion onto the White House grounds by a “lone wolf,” armed with mace, Bongino was at first allowed to express his views and then ultimately dismissed as being reactionary by Vittert. After all, it was only one guy and he was apprehended, Vittert contended, stating that the system worked like it was supposed to.
If that one guy had been wearing a suicide belt or if he had had support from behind, the Saturday morning quarterback might have had a different opinion. It’s a point that Bongino tried to get through his thick head, unsuccessfully. Maybe his producers were telling him what position to take, to “shut that guy up.” Whatever the motivation, there was something odd and abrupt about the way it was handled.
Bongino said, “First of all let’s scrap this nonsense that this is how the system is supposed to work. It defies credulity to believe that.” Vittert was warned but he made the claim anyway. “The system is supposed to allow a man with a backpack up to the south portico, a hundred yards, maybe a tad bit more from the President of the United States? That’s an absurd statement and I tell you, I love the Secret Service, , I love the men and women there, the rank-and-file agents are the best people I’ve ever met. But the management is an absolute disaster. To put out a statement like that is outrageous.”
Bongino continued, “The president, in my humble opinion, is just not safe at the White House anymore because they’re not serious about the security plan. They’re serious about how the White House looks and uniform division, but they’re just not serious about the security plan at the White House anymore.”
His questioner acknowledged that the intruder should not have gotten past the first layer and asks what he thinks should be changed, “where do you even start?”
Bongino replied, “Here’s the problem, here’s the choke point in this. The Secret Service knows what has to be done. You can put double fencing. You can angle the fencing outward so it’s nearly impossible to scale. You can put more personnel and special weapons teams on the South Lawn. But the choke point is, there are interests in the White House, staff interests, maybe not from this administration, but certainly from prior administrations, that have stopped that because, ‘Oh, it doesn’t look good. We don’t want to make it look like an armed camp.’ Which is ridiculous, everybody knows there is security at the White House.”
He continued, “There are other interests that say, ‘Well, the history of the White House, we don’t want to disturb the look of it.’ You know, folks, this is a serious time, I mean we have terror groups. If you think the Secret Service, right now, under the current security plan is prepared for a multiple man tactical assault on the White House, you’re out of your mind. And sadly, that’s not putting an idea in anybody’s head, that idea’s already in people’s heads.”
“They’re just not ready,” Bongino warned. “This is not how the plan is supposed to work. And it’s frustrating, having been in the Secret Service a long time and knowing how capable the rank and file men and women are…” He’s cut off by a very dismissive Vittert at that point, seemingly as if instructed to shut Bongino down.
Vittert says, “It’s a pretty serious charge to say the Secret Service does not take White House security seriously. In that sense, if it’s so bad as you say it is, why hasn’t the director, who has a responsibility and an oath, why hasn’t he testified before Congress to the points that you’re making.”
He derisively adds, “I think it’s important at times like this to sort of have a sense of how we’re looking at this in a little bit of a calm way. The fact that somebody made it over the fence, concerning but it sounds like they were apprehended, and then goes on to further make Bongino’s points for him in his struggles to formulate an argument against them.
Bongino pointed that out to news reader Vittert before the interview was also brought to a rather hasty conclusion.
Not to accuse anyone of plotting against the President, but one has to believe that among the various radicals that make up the Obama OFA, George Soros network and their allied jihadist invaders there would be no shortage of volunteers to man that tactical assault force Bongino is warning against.
President Trump needs to listen and take preventative action before it’s too late. At a minimum, bring in reinforcements, he’s got the world’s strongest military at his disposal, with some pretty capable people – use them. His survival is vital to America’s future.
If you happen to run into trouble with the video not playing, here’s a link
Thank you for reading and sharing my work – Please look for me, Rick Wells, at http://www.facebook.com/RickRWells/ , http://www.gab.ai/RickRWells , https://mewe.com/profile/rick.wells.1 and on my website http://RickWells.US – Please SUBSCRIBE in the right sidebar at RickWells.US – not dot com. I’m also at Stop The Takeover, https://www.facebook.com/StopTheTakeover/ and please follow me on Twitter @RickRWells.