Corsi, who recently rejected a plea deal offered by the special counsel that would have required him to admit lying about the Aug. 2 email….
- Jerome Corsi claims that special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors failed to present exculpatory evidence to a federal grand jury that the conservative author claims backs up his story about WikiLeaks.
- Corsi sent two tweets and one text message in early October 2016 that he says show he did not know for certain that WikiLeaks would release information derogatory to the Clinton campaign.
- But Corsi tells The Daily Caller News Foundation that prosecutors did not present the tweets to him during interviews or before the grand jury.
Daily Caller: In early October 2016, days before WikiLeaks began releasing emails stolen from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, conservative author Jerome Corsi published two tweets questioning whether WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange would release bombshell documents he had been vaguely teasing for months.
“If Assange has the goods on Hillary, he ought just to drop the goods,” Corsi tweeted on Oct. 2, 2016, after Assange announced a planned press conference. “Otherwise, he’s going to make a fool of himself.”
“So Assange made a fool of Himself,” Corsi tweeted two days later, after Assange failed to release any information on Clinton. “Had zero, or he would have released it. Will take grassroots on Internet to get truth out & beat Hillary.”
Prosecutors with the special counsel’s team have possession of those tweets, as well as Corsi’s emails and text messages, Jerome asserts. But the tweets, which he claims supports a key defense he has provided prosecutors, did not come up during his interviews with the special counsel or his two appearances before a federal grand jury.
“They have them, but I don’t. Those two never came up,” Corsi told The Daily Caller News Foundation. He writes in his newly released book, “Silent No More: How I Became a Political Prisoner of Mueller’s ‘Witch Hunt,” that he did not remember the tweets until they were reported by TheDCNF on Nov. 1.
Corsi, who is a target of the special counsel’s probe, claims that the tweets support his contention to prosecutors that he did not have direct knowledge or insight into WikiLeaks’ plans to release Podesta’s emails. Prosecutors are not buying the denials, he says.
They have pointed to an Aug. 2, 2016 email that Corsi sent to Trump confidant Roger Stone in which he appeared to know about WikiLeaks’ plans. “Word is friend in embassy plans 2 more dumps. One shortly after I’m back. 2nd in Oct. Impact planned to be very damaging,” he wrote, referring to Assange.
“Time to let more than Podesta to be exposed as in bed w/ enemy if they are not ready to drop HRC,” he said. “That appears to be the game hackers are now about.”
Stone claims that he did not interpret the email as Corsi saying that WikiLeaks or hackers had Podesta’s emails. He says he believes that he was referring to research that they had been discussing regarding Podesta and his lobbyist brother’s business dealings with foreigners.
Corsi, who recently rejected a plea deal offered by the special counsel that would have required him to admit lying about the Aug. 2 email, claims that he merely came up with the theory that WikiLeaks had Podesta’s emails. And he asserts that his tweets two months later back up his story.
“Those two tweets would have supported my best recollection of the truth,” he claimed in an interview with TheDCNF. “Those were going to be discarded because they didn’t fight the narrative.”
Though Corsi says that prosecutors did not bring up the tweets during his 40-plus hours of interviews, it is unclear whether the special counsel presented the tweets to the grand jury in other settings. The special counsel’s office declined comment.
Please SUBSCRIBE in the right sidebar at RickWells.US to receive my posts directly by email, safely beyond the censorship of little comrade Zuckerberg. Thank you