Chanelle Helm, who describes herself as a co-founder and core organizer of Black Lives Matter in Louisville, KY, wrote an article on August 16th called “White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader.”
The content doesn’t seem like anything that she really expects to happen, more like an attempt to rile people up or to insult white folks or set a negative tone for a discussion of white people.
That’s what racists do and despite all of their claims to the contrary, that’s what Black Lives Matter is, a collection of racists doing things to garner more influence, power, and if she’s in any way successful in her snarky little list, some of our stuff. Neither she nor any of her hateful comrades will be getting any of mine.
She starts off describing what she’s scribbled down as “Some things I’m thinking about that should change (in that Southern, black grandmama voice).” She then proceeds with her misguided attempt at whatever it is she’s trying to accomplish, numbering her idiotic notions from one to ten.
- White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.
- White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.
- If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.
- White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
- White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
- White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.
- White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
- Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.
- OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.
- Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.
We’ll commit to more than two things, Chanelle, but the first two that come to mind will be be fighting racists spewing black supremacy such as her and funding my own family and others I see fit, without paying any attention to the color of their skin but their need. You see, Ms. Helm, we’re not racists. We don’t judge people the same way you do.
Thank you for reading and sharing my work – Please look for me, Rick Wells at https://www.facebook.com/RickRWells/, https://gab.ai/RickRWells, https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RickwellsUs and on my website http://RickWells.US – Please SUBSCRIBE in the right sidebar at RickWells.US – not dot com, and also follow me on Twitter @RickRWells.