After Trump Warns To Stop The Provocations, N Korea Threatens Guam

kim guam

North Korea warned on Wednesday that it is “carefully examining” a plan to launch a missile strike against the American Pacific territory of Guam, just hours after President Trump warned them the threats of this nature must stop or they would be met with “fire and fury”.

A North Korean spokesman issued a statement which was broadcast by the state-run KCNA propaganda agency that the strike plan would be “put into practice in a multi-current and consecutive way any moment” once leader Kim Jong-un makes a decision.

Another, different military spokesperson issued a separate threat, stating that North Korea could conduct a pre-emptive operation if the US showed signs of provocation. Since North Korea is the one engaging in hostilities, we must interpret their definition of provocation to be a defensive response.

Earlier the North Korean leadership warned it was ready to give Washington a “severe lesson” with its strategic nuclear force in response to any U.S. military action.

The fat may be building up in Kim Jong-un’s head and making him hard of hearing or slow-witted, as President Trump could not have been much more explicit in his warning, stating, “North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”

We’ve seen shock and awe and it was pretty terrible. A response to a real threat, not a manufactured one, by a President left with no other options will certainly be fierce and everything he promised. An attack on Guam would spell the end for North Korea. They would be blown off the map. The only question remains the type of weapon used and the amount of collateral damage within the country and to other nations.

The U.N. Security Council unanimously imposed new sanctions on North Korea on Saturday over its escalating hostilities and missile tests, which could potentially cut their export revenue by a billion dollars to $2 billion.

Reuters points to unnamed intelligence officials as stating that while N Korea has accelerated its efforts to design an ICBM, a miniaturized nuclear warhead, and a nosecone capable of surviving reentry into the Earth’s atmosphere, there is no reliable evidence that it has achieved all three, or that they have tested and combined them into a weapon capable of hitting the United States. They stated it’s almost impossible to reliably determine their technological capabilities.

Anonymous U.S. intelligence officials also said we have no firm assessment of the number of nuclear warheads North Korea has at their disposal, with estimates ranging from a low of 20 to as many as 60. Most experts, Reuters reports, are leaning towards the lower end figures.

Following N Korea’s successful ICBM tests last month, Japan’s annual Defense White Paper warned, “It is conceivable that North Korea’s nuclear weapons program has already considerably advanced and it is possible that North Korea has already achieved the miniaturization of nuclear weapons and has acquired nuclear warheads.”

Secretary of State Tillerson said on Monday that Washington was still extending an invitation for dialogue with North Korea provided the rogue regime halted their missile test launches.

South Korea repeated their warnings that more UN resolutions and sanctions were a possibility if Pyongyang did not cease their hostilities. Defense Ministry spokesman Moon Sang-gyun stated in a news briefing, “North Korea should realize if it doesn’t stop its … provocations, it will face even stronger pressure and sanctions. We warn North Korea not to test or misunderstand the will of the South Korea-U.S. alliance.”

 

Thank you for reading and sharing my work –  Please look for me, Rick Wells at https://www.facebook.com/RickRWells/, https://gab.ai/RickRWells, https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RickwellsUs and on my website http://RickWells.US  – Please SUBSCRIBE in the right sidebar at RickWells.US – not dot com, and also follow me on Twitter @RickRWells.

Share With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Everywhere
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

3 Comments on After Trump Warns To Stop The Provocations, N Korea Threatens Guam

  1. marcia carter // August 10, 2017 at 4:42 am // Reply

    chubbie cuns from n korea needs an attitude ajustment right now , he is so evil but clearly he is mentally unbalanced . i dont know what the answer really is but i think he needs taken out as quick as possible from underground somehow

  2. Ooohh, I’d so love to land a punch in that fat little face! Sorry, I’m getting vicious in my old age.

  3. Kelleigh Nelson // August 9, 2017 at 12:04 pm // Reply

    That fat stupid little commie could be taken out in 15 seconds, but he just keeps tempting rage, doesn’t he. Nutcases everywhere.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*